View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Monday 27 April 2009

Monday 27 April

I'm going to start with a couple of one liners.
  • The day started out grey, overcast and wet, but the sun just came out.
  • Anyone else having fun putting in their new Sky viewing card? Ain't working this end.
  • Swine flu is on the top of everybody's agenda - let's hope it can be contained.
  • If you're on Twitter, bear in mind that the number of tweets can overwhelm you if you follow hundreds if not thousands of people. And please refrain from repeating yourself 4 times over with the same message on that forum.
Not directed at any of my usual readers, just throwing a barb at something that is irritating me: just the fact that someone is at the forefront of an Internet development doesn't mean that the rest of us who are quietly tagging along in the mainstream, barely aware of this brave new world, are all numpties.

Tomorrow, I am not going to be around on-line as I'm travelling to Holland. Friday is the first anniversary of my mother's death - as of Wednesday, you can find me on The Shell Gallery. Because my Twitter activity tends to be heavily focused on matters local, here in the Isle of Lewis, I shall most likely not be there after today. I will see if I can get Facebook to work for me again; I'm finding it hopelessly cluttered, with all sorts of apps chirping for attention - sorry folks.
Normal service will resume in 2 weeks from now, on May 12th, when I am back in the islands and back to posting on Atlantic Lines and as @adb44 on Twitter.

4 comments:

  1. look in settings,on top of your profile on facebook,privacy settings,lets you choose what you recive on their.good luck with what i am sure will be a sad trip guido.tc mort

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've given up trying to keep up with technology. I suspended my FB account and haven't even looked at my Twitter account - I have enough going on around me.

    Wishing you safe travels Guido.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very worried about this swine flu. Are they really keeping us informed fully? I fera not. Have a safe journey home. Ciao. A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. safe travels guido

    ReplyDelete