View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Sunday 19 April 2009

Lewis in pictures

Today is the 4th anniversary of me taking photos in the isle of Lewis. It's not something you'd ordinarily remember, but as you all know, my photography hobby has gotten badly out of hand. And I'm not apologising for that. The shutter has clicked the grand total of about 21,000 times, leaving me with about 18,500 pictures of Lewis and Harris (including a few hundred of places on the mainland and elsewhere in Scotland). My first pictures took me to the highest point I have reached in Harris, Tealasbhal, 690 metres above sealevel.

Don't get me wrong, I've been taking pictures for nearly 30 years. The advent of a digital camera just unleashed the beast.

2 comments:

  1. Well congratulations on four years of sharing your photos with us on this forum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an impressive amount of photographs Guido!! I love your picture in the sidebar of the sheep and her little one - so adorable.

    ReplyDelete