View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Saturday 28 February 2009

Evening notes

Pouring with rain this evening. Tomorrow should be bright but showery and blustery, typical March weather. Do you feed your small children cold remedies? Well, don't bother. Their efficacy is rather doubtful; don't worry though, neither are they harmful.

I've continued putting my Flickr pictures into sets, and that is now finished. So, on to the next bit: placing them on a map. Number of pictures not on map: 6,300. Right. I am also making a note if a picture was taken in any of the 100 villages in Lewis, perhaps with a view of making a book? I don't know yet.

Mugabe. Where is my anti-emetic. Now the man has ordered the seizure of more white-owned farms, not realising that they are the only ones still supplying the country with food. The ones he seized before are producing nowt. Oh dear, when is this lunacy going to end. I'm relieved to hear that Morgan Tsvangirai excused himself from Comrade Mugabe's birthday bash.

3 comments:

  1. This mom used a lot of Vick's Vapo Rub on the chests of her kids when they were small. I also rubbed it on their feet and then put socks on them. I heard of that remedy many years ago, well actually I think my mom did it for me when I had a cold. Both of my kids had serious ear infections. My oldest didn't have the tubes because they weren't doing that when she was little, but my son had tubes 3 times. The last time they also removed his adenoids and he never had another ear infection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our local news reported someone has come up with a cure for the common cold but it won't be available for another few years. I know I'm a bit vague with this but I didn't catch the entire report, just the last segment.

    At the first sign of a cold I take alot of Vit. C and Zicam - seems to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that Mugabe. Reading the memoir "Infidel" (see my review) gave me more insight as to why countries fall apart and are so poorly run. I wondered what your opinion was of the Muslim woman who made the short film with Theo Van Gogh in Holland, who was shot by a Moroccan man because of it, who has come out with "Infidel" after leaving Holland with her citizenship revoked.

    ReplyDelete