View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Thursday 15 January 2009

Windy nook


We're in for a couple of rough days out here. The lampposts swing in the wind, you can barely walk up or down the street and bits and pieces go thump in the night. The Calmac disruptions table (that's the ferries, shown above) has more red/orange than green, meaning that nothing moves. And it's only a force 7 (gusting to 45 mph). On Saturday, we can look forward to our third storm of the winter. One positive note: after my iced-up feet of yesterday (outside temps of 4C), it is now a lot milder at 10C, as I indicated in previous posting.

1 comment:

  1. I am afraid my feet would not survive such weather long! As I get frostbite in Phoenix. No, no, no cold weather for me any more. Some say it is all a matter of getting used to, says my sister used to 20 below at the high altitude where she lives, well maybe so, but I am glad I am not there or where you are.

    ReplyDelete