View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Thursday 8 January 2009

The first 100 days

I noticed that my Blogoversary button announced that the (first) anniversary of Atlantic Lines will be in 266 days' time. Meaning, that we've been on the go for 100 days tomorrow. It was on September 30th that AOL kindly informed us that we'd lose AOL J-land on October 31st. Consequently, a lot of us shut up shop with AOL and moved to Blogger. Much has happened since the shut-down. My own participation has dwindled substantially for various reasons, to a few posts each day, down from about a dozen every day until May 2008.

I hope that things will continue to come together, and that we can pull a long nose at AOHell come October 2009.

5 comments:

  1. I think we will dear friend. It's been a learning curve. Yet with each lesson we continue to strive. I'm delighted to still have your friendship in this journey. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN ! Blogger is easier in some ways & not so user friendly in other ways. At least Blogger saves our drafts...so if our computers go off for some reason, we don't loose what we've already written. By October we'll all be saying "What's AOL journals anyway?" Linda in soggy Washington

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still learning about Blogger ~ there are some things I miss from aol but hopefully blogger will improve as time goes by ~ or perhaps as I understand it better ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure once the holidays are a bit more past and the snow starts to melt, everyone will come out of hibernation....
    Have a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm over AOL ~ I have little do with them at all. I still have my old email for a few things but other than that.....adios AOL.

    ReplyDelete