View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Tuesday 13 January 2009

Close of era

Ken points out that when the Bush family leave the White House in a week from now, they will do so minus one family member: their cat. The 18-year old feline died on Sunday.

I never had a lot of time for George W.'s politics (Iraq, Katrina, US healthcare to name but a few disasters), but as a cat-lover myself feel very sad that he and his family lost Sierra. Her death will certainly mark the end of an era, in more ways than one.

From a personal point of view, I wish them well.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I too echo all of these sentiments.

    I hadn't heard of Sierra's loss. I can only hope the silver lining, i.e., that it spared her a trauma of moving (if she were going to die, anyway, I'll have to search and read more).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention Guido :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have taken a lot of flack for voting for George Bush twice but that was because of the Republican party's support for pro life. I cannot help but hope that the Obama administration will address other issues better than Bush did, but I have fears of being upset by his support of the Freedom of Choice Act for one thing. Will worry about that when he comes to it, in the meantime I am enjoying the changing of the guard and not sorry to see a man of George Bush's intellectual limitations go. Oh guess, what J Kirby sent me a good map and there was Stornway on it clear as could be. I really was looking in the wrong place. Up from the Hebrides. I really should have been studying the map some time ago so I would know more the location of the places you have toured. Gerry

    ReplyDelete