View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 9 January 2009

9 January

An overcast day in the Western Isles, with the wind set to increase from its current strength of 30 mph (force 6 to 7) to severe gale force later tonight. The first gale of the year. At the moment, we're the warmest place in the UK, with a tropical +8C on the thermometer. Over the weekend, that will rise further to possibly 12C / 54F. The Atlantic is flexing its muscles, pushing the cold out of England in the next few days.

I'm going to have fun and games today, as my trial version of Norton Security expires. This means I won't be getting updates anymore. Problem with Norton is that you have to get updates manually, which is a pain. So, I'm going to chuck Norton and replace it with AVG for virus protection and ZoneAlarm for firewall and spyware.

4 comments:

  1. It is still well below freezing here and a winter storm is on the way. Heavy snow coming for tonight and tomorrow. I'm glad the weekend is here. I'll just stay in once I get home this evening and keep warm. 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are supposed to get gales next week when it warms up, at the moment it is bitter. I use McAfee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guido, I very much enjoy your jounal; never commented before. Thank you for your view from the lovely place you live~Maire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Norton, I have used this for years. I've never had to do anything manually though as all of my updates just happen. Must be during the trial period it's not automatic. Try to stay warm!

    ReplyDelete