View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Tuesday 6 January 2009

6 January

Have returned to Stornoway, arrived back last night at 8.15pm. Long journey, took me about 15 hours door to door. Everything went well and according to schedule. Am still a bit tired, so will write a detailed account tomorrow.

The weather today has been quite mild, 8C, in comparison to the conditions in Holland, which were snowy and extremely cold yesterday. Tonight, they are expecting overnight lows there of -17C / 0F. Rather them than me, and I'm happy to be under the influence of the Atlantic rather than Siberia.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds very cold in Holland but how I imagined with them skating. I had Dutch ancestors on my Grandmother King's side whose mother was a Brinkerhoff. Sounds like you were on the side of Holland to the north and colder. Did you ice skate? I know you had a map of Stornoway on your blog once on AOL, but I don't know where it is now. Glad you made it back home with no more than a broken camera. Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yes, Siberia wouldn't make my top ten places to visit this week, either.

    Sorry about your camera. Otherwise, almost seems apt you reached your destination, after long travels, on Epiphany. Rest, and then embrace this new year ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you made it home safely. It sounds SO COLD!! I cannot imagine living in that kind of weather.
    Stay safe and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're home safely...
    Hope your camera is well soon...
    Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete