View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 21 November 2008

Friday 21 November

Very cold today, with the mercury not even touching 40F / 4C at the moment. It is snowing as I type, or is it sleet. Over on the mainland, the A9 trunkroad linking Inverness with the Lowlands is blocked at the Slochd summit north of Aviemore. Ferry sailings from the far northeast (Caithness) to Orkney are disrupted due to bad weather, and our freight service is not operating today.

BBC presenters Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross were suspended for 3 months in October, following a grossly offensive broadcast, in which they left crude messages on the answerphone of a well-known actor. Apparently, Mr Ross can be expected to defile our airwaves again in January, and Mr Brand could well be back as well. I never liked Jonathan Ross, and hope he stays off the BBC.

Generally speaking, I find very little worth watching on TV these days. I have access to satellite TV, which pumps 500 channels into the set. Only the BBC channels are really worth watching, particularly the Gaelic channel BBC Alba. And, to my disgrace, Tom & Jerry lol (video courtesy CartoonyA on YouTube)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the adventures of Tom and Jerry this morning ! Nice to think about golfing although here it will be a long time before that happens again. Here is frozen and snow covered northern Ohio. I don't golf but enjoy nicer weather for sure. 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just Love Tom and Jerry ~ thats the Kid in me :o) I share your views on Russell Brand and Jonathan Ross ~ they should not be allowed back on BBC ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, there is not much on except Little Dorrit. We got rid of satellite because it was all repeats and mostly rubbish although I did like the History channel and a couple of others. Very cold here but dry.
    As for Jonathan Ross, there is no way the BBC will get rid of him. At least I never watch him anyway, but I feel angered that our licence money is being used to pay the salary of this no-talent performer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll admit it. Sometimes Russell Brand makes me laugh. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love Tom and Jerry too. Now we have them on DVD as well. Sad but true.!! Kids programs are the best thing on TV at the moment. Well except for "Strictly come dancing" of course. Love that!!
    Neither one of those jerks are worth watching!!
    They are like a couple of naughty kids and should be sent to their rooms for a hundred years. Where's Supernanny when you need her!!!
    keep warm Guido.
    Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Tom & Jerry cartoon. TV is the same all over, lots of trash and only a few good shows or programs to watch. We still haven't had a freeze here, very unusual for western Washington towards the end of November. I'm sure it's just around the corner however. Linda in Washington

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who wouldn't like Tom and Jerry? When I first started home schooling Eler Beth, we'd take our break when Tom and Jerry was on! lol

    ReplyDelete