View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Saturday 18 October 2008

Saturday 18 October

Repeating myself all this week: weather is sunshine and showers, although the showers have temporarily subsided. It is quite breezy this morning.

I'm getting quite fed up with all that news about the credit crunch, a stock-market collapse and what have you. Whatever governments do, it does not appear to help the woes around. Because, put simply, they have been trying to fill holes with holes, and you're still left with nothing. Borrowing money against a collateral that isn't worth the money taken out against it is a recipe for disaster, a disaster that is now happening.

The transfer of blogs continues to hit snags. I've already highlighted the Backstreet Browser for those desperate to save their blogs on their own PC. More options are currently being explored, and I shall flag them up as news reaches me.

4 comments:

  1. My BF was an accountant before he retired. He has been saying the same thing you are for a few years now. I asked him where the money was coming to pay off the financial institutions here. He said they were probably printing it. I laughed. Think he was serious. The American dollar is pretty much worthless right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day.Just pooped in to give ya a howdy.Glad to see all is the norm.
    Getting crisp October days here in Ohio,but pretty.
    TCB
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The credit crunch is driving me mad too Guido. We all know the causes and what it means to us, that`s enough for me. I think I`d rather concentrate on happier things if I can.


    Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it took a few years to get us into this mess, and it's going to take a few to get out of it. The "fixes" aren't going to work overnight, and I hope everyone knows that it's going to be a while before we start seeing a full recovery. Sad, but I think it's true.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete