View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Monday 20 October 2008

Monday 20 October

After yesterday's gale, Monday dawns fairly bright but still breezy. I'll post some pictures of the seas, whipped up by those winds later today.

Regarding the migration and its problems, a solution should be available later this week, so don't fully despair just yet. I'll post on Magic Smoke when I know more.

The Indian Ocean is currently a scene of some unusual activity on the tropical cyclone front. An active disturbance is approaching the Horn of Africa (Cape Guardafui) and may develop into something nasty before it reaches there. Tropical cyclone Asma is making for Madagascar. The various agencies cannot agree whether Asma will be a hurricane or hardly a tropical cyclone at all by the time it reaches the island.

2 comments:

  1. ohhh you have the inside track eh? I've been told for two weeks.. ::Sigh:: hope you're right Guido
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope that they figure out the migration thing soon...I feel so sorry for everyone that is having problems. It will be so heartbreaking to lose everything.

    Pooh Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete