View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 13 March 2009

Midnight post

I have drastically cut the number of applications on Facebook from about 300 to 50. The number of requests was getting silly, and if you don't get a reply from me on a certain app, it just means one of two things: either I have not added the app, or I have just clicked through.

As far as journals are concerned, I am monitoring Call for Support daily, and will try to reestablish my reading routine. This has been disrupted by Facebook, and some attendant difficulties off-line, as I reported at the start of this week. Twitter I do not find much use for if truth be known; you'd have to monitor it continually, which I can't do. However, if you look up adb44, you'll get my postings, if and when. Many of them are directed at tweeters in the Isle of Lewis.

I have decided to ditch Open Office.org. I was processing a document that originated from Word, and it was turned into a mess that needed clearing up in Word. I've purchased a license, and now have the program in its full glory (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).

7 comments:

  1. I'm very comfortable with Word & Excel... wouldn't know how to use another program. = )

    I have like almost 100 requests on FB, haven't figured out how to just delete them all yet... LOL!! It's really overwhelming... but I appreciate people thinking about me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I block more than I accept now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been by Facebook in some time. The app. part of that site gets off putting after a while. It's fun at first but I seriously don't have that much extra time to waste on frivolity. I rather take care of my blog and other writing ventures. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Facebook, but I don't know what the hell I'm doing with it. MySpace was SO much easier....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I have any apps on FB....just don't "get it" - that part seems odd to me, and also you are pushed into sending on to other people, so not really a good indication that you are thinking about them (sorry Joann!). Well done for reining in your habit Guido!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just ignore them guido,and block the application,your name then doesnt appear on send.i often have to ignore all,apart from gr=een patch n farm. tc mort

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my microsoft office software and have recently been refreshing my Excel skills. I don't view or use very many apps in FB, about 20 in total, and not all the time. It's just too much to do. I don't think anyone gets offended if you don't reply to one; I couldn't keep track of all who did or didn't anyway. I'm trying to keep up with blogs a bit better now, and have been doing rather well this week. I am on Twitter, but don't use it much. I think it is for someone with a more on-the-go lifestyle than I have.

    ReplyDelete