View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 6 March 2009

Friday 6 March

Overcast and some light rain from time to time. Will be paying another visit to the library this afternoon to continue my collation of data for Faces from the War Memorial. The small print of the book that is my source strains the eyes - maybe the lighting has something to do with that? Oh, glasses. Yes, I wear glasses.

Years ago, I lived a few miles from a restaurant called the Mucky Duck. Since demolished for the construction of a high-speed raillink. I was reminded of it when I read that a Berkshire restaurant called the Fat Duck had left up to 400 of its patrons with sickness and diarrhoea. It is a Michelin-star rated place, where you have to shell out well in excess of £130 for a cover. The cause for the D&V is unknown; food poisoning has been ruled out.

Tropical cyclone Hamish continues to bear down on the Queensland coast, and looks set to peak at 90 knots, that is 105 mph, winds. By the time the storm reaches the coast, it will have lost some of its puff. Queensland can anticipate even more rain, following in the wake of two previous cyclones and the monsoon which left the state drenched.

2 comments:

  1. goes to show that you can pay big bucks and still get crappy service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see he has closed his restaurant while they try to find out the cause of the outbreak ~ there is no way I would pay that amount of money for a meal however Good/Bad it may be :o) ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete