View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Friday 13 February 2009

Friday 13 February

Today is a bad day for those suffering from paraskavedekatriaphobia. Out here, there is only 10 hours left of it, so not long to go now. Yesterday was a bad day for the family and friends of those on board flight 3407, which crashed near Buffalo NY at around 10pm local time. All 48 on that plane perished, as well as one person on the ground. There are at present no firm indications on the cause of the tragedy - weather might have had a role to play. One of our bloggers, Donna of Ds Designs, lives in Buffalo, and I'm awaiting an update from her.

5 comments:

  1. I read of this in the news Guido. I can't imagine how those poor folks felt as the plane failed to stay airborn.
    Praying for them and those they have left behind. Such an awful tragedy.
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are too many plane crashes going on. I'd rather take the train. Yes, it takes a lot of time. But I can see things out the window, and I don't have to take off my shoes to get on a train. After that perfect crash landing in the Hudson River, this news from Buffalo is very distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a tragedy so many people mourning their loved ones ~ My prayers go out to them all ~ Ally x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friday the 13th has never fazed me, thankfully as Paul is out for most of the night playing a gig. This most certainly doesn't seem the season to be flying. I'm hoping we hear something from Donna soon. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friday the 13th has proven to me to be a lucky day throughout my life. I hope others see it that way.
    So sad about that plane. I cannot imagine going through that kind of fear.

    ReplyDelete