View across the Outer Harbour of Stornoway

Tuesday 28 October 2008

Open Office

Over the past 2 weeks, I've been trialling Open Office 3.0, and I'm not too impressed. It can only accommodate 256 columns in the spreadsheet function, although it suggests far more are possible. The search-and-replace function is disappointing, not being able to replace or search for formatting codes like a paragraph-mark or tabs. Macros are a disaster, as they cannot be linked to a keyboard shortcut.

Open Office comes as a free if huge download (about 120 MB), and is the free counterpart of Microsoft Office. I'm sorely tempted to shell out the money required to get the fully functional MS Office.

2 comments:

  1. I've given up on Open Office completely.
    I was far too used to Office Pro 97 .......... but it is failing now. I have been trialling office and it is quite a shock to ahve everything in the wrong place.

    Wondering if Microsoft Equipt is worth the money?

    Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave up on Open Office a year ago! It kept freezing up the computer so it had to go! Jeannette xx

    ReplyDelete